I became aware today of the CSGrad4US Fellowship Program which is available for students who have an undergraduate or Masters degree and want to pursue a Ph.D. The information about the program is pasted below in case any of my former students who read this blog are interested:
The benefits of CSGrad4US Fellowships are:
- A year-long preparation program, in which individuals selected for the Fellowship will receive mentored support in identifying a graduate program, finding a research mentor, and applying to graduate programs; during this year, the individuals will also have opportunities to form a network with one another and with faculty advisors;
- For those who enroll in an accredited doctoral degree-granting program at an institution of higher education having a campus located in the United States, its territories or possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, an annual stipend of $34,000 for three years out of five; and
- Cost-of-education allowance of $12,000 per year for the three years noted above to the institution of higher education.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
CSGrad4US Fellowship applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident;
- Intend to apply for full-time enrollment in a research-based doctoral degree program in a CISE field no later than Fall 2024;
- Are not currently enrolled in a degree-granting program;
- Have graduated with a bachelor’s degree in a CISE field or otherwise demonstrated CISE core competency before June 30, 2021;
- Never enrolled in and have no pending application for a doctoral degree-granting program for a CISE discipline at the time of the application; and
- Have never previously accepted a NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
See the CSGrad4US Dear Colleague Letter for full eligibility requirements. NSF seeks candidates from a broad array of backgrounds and strongly encourages women, African Americans, Hispanics, American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, Native Pacific Islanders, and persons with disabilities to apply.