Tonight I went out for dinner with my sweetie, and during our dinner conversation I realized that in course of 12 months (July 2016 to July 2017 to be precise), I will have visited the following places due to conferences:
- Arequipa, Peru (for ITiCSE 2016)
- Melbourne, Australia (for ICER 2016)
- Seattle, Washington, USA (for the SIGCSE Symposium 2017)
- Chengdu and Shanghai, China (for the 50th Turing Celebration in China)
- Bologna, Italy (for ITiCSE 2017)
That makes five different continents in a year. My job may have things that make me grumpy (grading and meetings, I’m looking at you), but getting to travel to so many amazing places to meet so many great people is definitely something that makes me happy. I’m a very lucky person.